This year my sister Kate from Clear the Way and I created the 12 Lists series which is a monthly series for those who love writing lists. Each month we announce the topic, write our lists accordingly, and invite you to do the same on your blog. You are welcome to add your post to the link-up below so we can get to know you a little better, one list at a time. This month’s topic: the best parts of Spring.
Another month, another list! I look forward to hearing what everyone loves most about our current season. Creating this list sparked a lot of memories for me, and I’m interested to see if others had a similar experience.
- Daffodils – We had a huge patch of them in the front yard of the home I grew up in, they seem to signal the beginning of Spring.
- Lady Banks Roses – Another favorite blossom from my childhood front yard.
- Wisteria – This we had in the backyard.
- Laying out, and then being frustrated that I can’t lay out again for the next week when the weather is still cool. This one is only a memory, California has been dangerously mild-weathered these past years.
- My birthday.
- Putting away my boots and breaking out my sundresses.
- Tan-lines from sandals.
- Watching my freckles reappear. (Despite daily sunscreen applications.)
I’m realizing this list is mostly focused on flowers and tanning. But these are things that make me happy.
Do you have a favorite Spring flower?