This year my sister Kate from Clear the Way and I created the 12 Lists series which is a monthly series for those who love writing lists. Each month we announce the topic, write our lists accordingly, and invite you to do the same on your blog. You are welcome to add your post to the link-up below so we can get to know you a little better, one list at a time. This month’s topic: best parts of autumn.
Back in April we talked about the best parts of spring, this month we’re appreciating the autumn season. It’s been a long hot summer here in California, it’s been a pretty hot fall season so far too. I’m just going to keep my hopes up for a windy/cloudy/rainy fall season with this list. I wonder how much overlap we will see with this topic. I feel certain I have some fellow some sweater lovers and tea drinkers out there.
- Boots – I am fairly traditional and like to keep at least my knee high boots on reserve for October to March. It’s almost a life rule at this point; honesty, integrity, and knee high boots are for fall and winter only.
- Drinking hot tea – Earl Grey is my favorite.
- Socks and slippers around the house
- Cloudy/windy weather – keeping the dream alive.
- Movies – I’m not a big movie person, but I do watch more when it’s cold out; stay in and cuddle up in my blankets with a bowl of popcorn . . . and now I’m just craving popcorn.
Do you have any strange fashion rules you abide by? Or a favorite herbal tea for those cozy autumn evenings?