This year my sister Kate from Clear the Way and I created the 12 Lists series which is a monthly series for those who love writing lists. Each month we announce the topic, write our lists accordingly, and invite you to do the same on your blog. You are welcome to add your post to the link-up below so we can get to know you a little better, one list at a time. This month’s topic: favorite food combinations.
This month’s prompt has my foodie heart all a-titter. Just imagine a series of heart eyes emojis after everything I’m about to write. I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with for their lists, I’m hoping for some new foodspiration.
- Popcorn, salt, and butter – I make stove-top popcorn at least once a week, it’s my snacking weakness.
- Bread and butter – Keeping it simple with this one, but some things bear mentioning. If you want to go the extra mile I suggest trying the Plugra European brand unsalted butter and sprinkle some sea salt on to taste.
- Deep dish pizza and honey – I’ve never been a huge fan of honey, but it is so good in this sweet/savory combo.
- Lime and tequila – this counts as food, right?
- Fig spread and brie cheese – I often put both on a turkey sandwich, and if I’m feeling really fancy I’ll add balsamic glazed arugula.
- Grilled cheese and tomato soup – Mmm comfort food.
- Cheese and crackers – I like almost all cheese, but I’m picky about crackers. Rainforest crisps fig and olive flavor are amazing, I also like the 34° brand crackers the black pepper or rosemary.
- Whipped cream and berries – Homemade whipped cream is itself one of my favorite food combos, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Yum.
- Mixed greens lettuce and balsamic vinaigrette – Most often when I make a “salad” it’s just lettuce and dressing. I should work on this.
- Toast and peanut butter.
- Burrata, tomatoes, and basil – Check out my go-to burrata concoction here.
I mean, this could go on forever… I might have to add some more if I think of them. I’m obviously a fan of comfort food and cheese. Do you have any favorite cheeses? Or recipes that you’ve been wanting to try?